A no-fuss main with classic Asian flavours, this dish is simple to put together and easy to make, allowing you to spend time with your friends while the salmon bakes in the oven. Serve it with rice or a healthy salad like the Cabbage Salad with Lime and Honey Dressing.
1 small head bok choy, thickly sliced, or 4 baby bok choy, ends trimmed
2 salmon fillets (about 180g each)
3 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced on a diagonal
1 red chilli, thinly sliced on a diagonal
1 inch ginger, sliced in thin strips
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
4 tablespoons water
1. Heat oven to 200c. Tear off parchment paper and layer atop aluminium foil on baking sheets.
2. Line the bottom of the parchment with bok choy and half of the prepared ginger.
3. Place the salmon fillets on top and scatter half of the scallions on top
4. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, salt, sugar and water. Spoon the mixture evenly over the salmon.
5. Top the fillets with another square of parchment and foil; fold the edges over several times and ensure it is securely sealed. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Transfer the packet to a plate. Slit open the package and top with remaining scallions and red chilli.
Felicia is an avid home cook, turning her passion into her lifestyle. She relishes the mix of Asian and Western flavours. See also her recipe for Miso, Pumpkin, Pine Nut and Feta Tart