Served right out of the oven, these tasty and crunchy veggie chips are the perfect, healthy treat to munch on.
You will need
- 100g kale
- 1 beetroot
- 1 sweet potato
1. Wash kale and tear into large pieces, discarding the stem.
2. Ensure the kale is dry and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Spread out in a single layer on a tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Roast in an oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes, until crunchy but not burnt.
Beetroot and sweet potato
1. Wash beetroot and sweet potato thoroughly.
2. Leaving the skin on, use a mandolin to cut into thin slices. Be sure and use the safety guard!
3. Spread out in a single layer on a tray lined with parchment paper.
4. Roast in an oven at 180°C oven for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
• Leave the beetroot and sweet potato skins on. They will boost the nutritional value and are totally edible.
• If you don’t have a mandolin, use a vegetable peeler to make thin slices.
Sarah is Chef and owner at Carvers & Co and Wolf Burgers. See our write up on Carvers & Co with burgers to die for here.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE WERE PROUDLY SPONSORED BY HUBER’S BUTCHERY