Pesto is a firm favourite in many households and a simple one to make from scratch. This recipe is so easy and versatile, using fresh and vibrant ingredients that even your little ones should enjoy. Have fun creating your own unique versions by adding in or swapping ingredients.
You will need
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large red pepper
- Olive oil and fresh basil to taste
- Roast your large red pepper with a little pink salt, olive oil and black pepper. Be careful not to burn too much.
- Soak the cashew nuts for 8 hrs overnight.
- Drain the nuts and blend with the red pepper, garlic and a little olive oil and fresh basil.
- Serve over your favourite pasta or as tasty dip.
Consider swapping basil for rosemary and adding a pinch of chilli for a ‘warmer’ flavour or experiment with your favourite herbs and spices.
If you aren’t nuts about nuts use goats feta in the place of cashew nuts… equally as delicious!