Great for a family gathering, healthy crudites served alongside the zesty homemade Romesco sauce will keep you coming back for more. Serve with charcuterie or cheeses on a platter to add that wow factor.
1 orange carrot, 1 purple carrot, 1 yellow bell pepper, A bunch of baby asparagus (raw)
1 zucchini (lightly blanched)
1. Cut the raw vegetables into sticks for dipping.
2. For the zucchini, cut into sticks then plunge into boiling water for a minute before removing and refreshing in iced water.
1 thick slice of white bread, crust removed and cubed
1 large tomato
5 cloves garlic
1/2 cup almonds
2 medium red bell peppers
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Place bread, tomato, garlic cloves and almonds on a tray lined with parchment paper and place in oven at 180°C for 15 minutes or until bread and almonds turn a light brown.
2. Char red bell peppers on a stove until blackened all over. Place them in a bowl and tightly cover with cling film (this will help you peel the pepper more easily). When peppers are cool, unwrap cling film and discard. Peel off charred skin and remove the seeds.
3. Combine all ingredients and place into a food processor. Blend until creamy. Add cayenne pepper for heat if desired.
• Use marcona almonds for an even deeper,nuttier tasting sauce.
Sarah is Chef and owner at Carvers & Co and Wolf Burgers. See our write up on Carvers & Co with burgers to die for here.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE WERE PROUDLY SPONSORED BY HUBER’S BUTCHERY